The Farmington Club can accommodate ceremonies on site. Our lovely garden gazebo area seats up to 240 guests. We also have a stone path leading to our open pergola area that accommodates 180 guests.

View our banquet rooms >>

Getting married in Connecticut

  • There is no residency requirement in Connecticut; both bride and groom may live elsewhere.
  • The marriage license may be obtained in the town where the marriage will take place.
  • Both the prospective bride and groom must apply for the license in person, but not necessarily together. If the application is signed by the parties on different dates, then the earlier date is considered the official application date.
  • The license will be issued immediately after all requirements have been met. It must be signed by the bride and groom and the Town Clerk who also stamps it with a raised seal. The license is valid for 65 days.
  • Blood Test No Longer Required.
  • All Connecticut Justices of the Peace may perform marriages anywhere in the state.
  • Connecticut does not require any witnesses to the marriage.

Note: If you plan to use your married name at work, be sure to have your name changed in the Social Security records. This way, you will get credit for all your earnings. It's easy and it's absolutely free. Contact any Social Security office. You will need documentary evidence showing both your old name and your new name.